Early Book Review: My Wild Irish Dragon by Ashlyn Chase

My Wild Irish Dragon by Ashlyn Chase is the second book in the Boston Dragons series. It is schedule for release on September 6 2016. The first book, I Dream of Dragons, is connected by characters, but I think that readers coming fresh to the story will be able to enjoy the story without having read the previous book.
Dragon shifter Chloe Arish is hell-bent on becoming a Boston firefighter. She uses her Irish charm and fake documents to score an interview, knowing she has to work every bit as hard as a man, harder if she wants their respect. Born into a legendary Boston firefighting family, phoenix shifter Ryan Fiero can't possibly let someone best him on the training course or the job. He'd never hear the end of it. When a feisty new recruit comes along who's determined to do just that, Ryan plots to kick her out-until their sizzling chemistry turns explosive.

My Wild Irish Dragon gives the assertive sister of the Irish dragon clan that has started settling into Boston her story. Chloe wants to help people, she has the skills and strength to be a firefighter so that is what she wants to do. Ryan comes from a family of fire fighters, and he cannot imagine doing anything else. The pair begin as rivals, but soon verbal sparing and competition turns into something much better. As they find their way together the pair need to keep their secrets, including their paranormal sides and couple status so they they are not separated on the job. As always, challenges keep popping up and inner doubts of the characters are shared regularly. I liked them both, and felt like their connection was solid. I think they fell together more easily than I am used to, but got to have an extra large surprise at the end because of that. It was a fun read, just not one that had me staying up late to finish.


My Wild Irish Dragon is a fun romance with plenty of chemistry and complications. While not the best paranormal romance I have read, it was an entertain read and I liked that the world of paranormal creatures n Chase’s books just expanded again. 

No comments: