Book Review: Everafter Vol 1: The Pandora Protocol (Everafter: From the Pages of Fables #1) by Lilah Sturges, Dave Justus, Travis Moore, Tula Lotay

Everafter Vol 1: The Pandora Protocol by Lilah Sturges, Dave Justus, Travis Moore, and Tula Lotay is a graphic novel that collects issues 1-6 of  Everafter: From the Pages of Fables. In a post-Fables world where magic abounds, it can be wielded for the greater good or used to plant the seeds of anarchy and terrorism. The Shadow Players are a global network of agents--both Fable and mundane--tasked with policing a newly enchanted world and protecting humanity from itself. Everafter features the return of series favorites Bo Peep, Peter Piper, Hansel, and Connor Wolf, as well as exciting new characters and a terrifying new villain! 

The Pandora Protocol has the stunning artwork and engaging story that I fully expect from this team of writers and artists. I liked the Shadow Players angle, and the several twists and turn abouts that thread through the entire volume. I simply adored the art style and color- it added so much detail and life to the story. I think that Connor Wolf will be one of my new favorite players in the new story, and that I will now start reading again- filling in my non-existent reading time by returning to the world of Fables. 

The Pandora Protocol is a great new addition to the Fables legacy. Even though I missed far too many stories from the Fables world for my liking I really enjoyed returning to it and did not feel left behind because of my lack of reading history. A win for newcomers and seasoned fans alike. 

No comments: